Iowa Lottery, IA Lotto Winning Numbers Archive, Games, Past Results
Iowa (IA) Lottery General Information
Iowa joined the Lottery ranks in April 1985 after Governor Terry Branstad signed House file 225 and mandated that a lotto
game be in place by May 1, 1986. Everything began with Iowa's first scratch ticket, "Scratch, Match & Win," first sold on
August 22, 1985, and the relatively simple "pick 6 of 30" online LOTTO game. Iowans purchased more than 28.1 million instant
game tickets by the end of Scratch, Match & Win's run. By the end of the Iowa Lottery's first year, Iowa had seen five different
Until 1992, the Iowa Lottery only sold $1 tickets. At that time it was what many lotteries did. Since then, customer demand
has dictated the Lottery begin selling higher dollar tickets.
In 1992, Iowa offered its first multi-dollar tickets ($2) and the number has risen since then. In fiscal year 2000, 36%
of sales were from multi-dollar tickets as compared to 33% in both 1999 and 1998 and 29% in fiscal year 1997.
Retailers can benefit greatly from the multi-dollar tickets because it takes the same effort to sell a $1 ticket as it does
a $10 ticket, but their profit is higher with the higher prized ticket.
Bingo was the first $2 ticket offered, but $3 and $5 tickets of all kinds soon followed.
LottoStrategies.com - About (IA) Iowa Lottery
- Iowa (IA) state(lotto) lottery official websites: Iowalottery.com, IAlottery.com, Iowalotto.com, IAlotto.com, Iowalottery.org, IAlottery.org, Iowalotto.org, IAlotto.org. We also provide these information about Iowa lottery: contact, address, phone number. Please refer to Resource Center.
- Iowa (IA) lottery currently offers these lottery games:
We also provide these information for the games above: winnning numbers, hot/cold/overdue numbers, jackpot, how to play, how to win, most winning numbers, prizes, winning odds, payout, frequency chart, lotto wheels, etc.
- Powerball is drawn two times a week Wednesday and Saturday 9:59 PM
- MEGA Millions is drawn 2 times a week Tuesday and Friday 9:59 PM
- Hot Lotto is drawn two times a week Wednesday and Saturday 9:40 PM
- Pick 3 Midday is drawn everyday Sunday thru Saturday 12:40 PM
- Pick 4 Midday is drawn everyday Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 12:40 PM
- Pick 3 Evening is drawn everyday Sunday thru Saturday 9:22 PM
- Pick 4 Evening is drawn daily 9:22 PM
- All or Nothing Midday is drawn everyday 12:45 PM
- All or Nothing Evening is drawn everyday 8:45 PM
Last Updated at Thu May 24 18:59:05 2018